COMBIVENT RESPIMAT and side effects
As with any medicine, there are things to know before you start taking COMBIVENT RESPIMAT. You and your doctor should consider both the benefits and the risks to decide what’s right for you. Here are some important things to know about COMBIVENT RESPIMAT. Please see the full Important Safety Information below for more information.
The most common side effects reported with use of COMBIVENT RESPIMAT include infection of the ears, nose, and throat, runny nose, cough, bronchitis, headache, and shortness of breath.
COMBIVENT RESPIMAT can also cause serious side effects, including:
- The narrowing of the airways to get worse (paradoxical bronchospasm) which may be life threatening. If this happens, stop taking COMBIVENT RESPIMAT at once and call your doctor or get emergency help
- Serious heart-related side effects, such as palpitations, chest pain, rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, tremor, or nervousness. Call your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms
- An increase in eye pressure, which may cause or worsen some types of glaucoma. If you have vision changes or eye pain stop taking COMBIVENT RESPIMAT and call your doctor right away
- Difficulty with urination. If you have difficulty with urination, stop taking COMBIVENT RESPIMAT and call your doctor right away
- Dizziness and blurred vision. Should you experience these symptoms, use caution when engaging in activities such as driving a car or operating appliances or other machines
- Allergic reactions, including: itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat (involving difficulty in breathing or swallowing), rash, hives, bronchospasm (airway narrowing), or anaphylaxis. Some of these may be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop taking COMBIVENT RESPIMAT at once and call your doctor or get emergency help
Do not use COMBIVENT RESPIMAT more often than your doctor has directed. Deaths have been reported with similar inhaled medicines in asthma patients who use the medicine too much. Seek immediate medical attention if your treatment with COMBIVENT RESPIMAT becomes less effective for symptomatic relief, your symptoms become worse, and/or you need to use the product more frequently than usual.
These are not all the possible side effects with COMBIVENT RESPIMAT. Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.